One of the most intelligent invertebrates on the planet, octopuses are a unique animal with a wide range of interesting adaptations. Not only are they incredibly smart, but they have no internal or external skeleton, allowing them to squeeze through or into tight spaces!
- Scientific Name: Order Octopoda
- Characteristics: Almost all octopuses have a camouflage defense system, allowing them to change their skin color to blend into areas around the ocean floor to hide from prey and predator alike. Hand painted and artfully crafted by our professionals, display this beautiful figurine on your desk, nightstand, or with your other Safari models!
- Size and Color: 5 inches long and .6 inches tall, our octopus figurine is about as long as a soda can on its side and as tall as a penny stood upright. Painted in shades of mossy green mixed with a vibrant blue, this cephalopod is certainly colorful!
- The Octopus is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Although you might not think it by looking at them, octopuses actually have very keen eyesight and sense of touch. Their eyes can distinguish polarization of light, and many species of octopus can even see color. Not only that, but the suction cups on their arms are actually able to taste what the octopus is touching! Fortunately, many species of octopus are not considered threatened or endangered, although some niche species are currently considered vulnerable.
- Recommended Age: 3
- Size in cm: 12.75 L x 4.75 W x 1.5 H
- Size in inches: 5.02 L x 1.87 W x 0.59 H
- UPC: 095866000356