Despite its colorful appearance, the red-eye tree frog isn’t poisonous. Instead, it relies on camouflage to hide itself from predators. During the day, this tree frog will cover its sides with its back legs, tuck its bright feet under its belly, and shut its red eyes. As a result, it appears completely green and looks almost invisible as it naps on rainforest foliage!
- Scientific Name: Agalychnis callidryas
- Characteristics: With its baby in tow, this tree frog is taking a nap amidst the green foliage. Hand-painted, professionally sculpted, and researched to assure true-to-life accuracy, all Safari wildlife figurines are exceptional as educational tools, toys, pieces of décor, as gifts for a nature enthusiast, and more!
- Size and Color: 2 inches long and 2.75 inches wide, both dimensions of this figurine are roughly the size of the length of a lip balm stick. Easily identified by their iconic bulging and crimson eyes, this frog also has a slick green body and light orange feet.
- The Red-eyed Tree Frog is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Red-eyed tree frogs inhabit areas near rivers and ponds in rainforests and humid lowlands all throughout Central America. They also live on the Pacific slope in southwestern Nicaragua and southwestern Costa Rica. Red-eyed tree frogs are classified as “least concern” on the conservation status spectrum, and are actually one of the more common species of frogs found in the Central American rainforests!
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 5 L x 7 W x H
- Size in inches: 1.97 L x 2.76 W x 0.0 H
- UPC: 095866002404